Friday, December 28, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: What's your best Avid Tip/Discovery from 2012?

 

What are the two key strokes. I've heard you don't need to select the fill but I haven't played with the feature yet.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
>
> The ability to select a bunch of shots without the fill to move to lower tracks in two keystrokes.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Mark Spano <cutandcover@> wrote:
> >
> > Upgrading to v6 this year brought an easy way to switch my audio output
> > setting (stereo/mono/direct). Instead of having to open the Audio Project
> > setting, navigate to Output, and choose what I want, now it's a button
> > right up in the Audio Mixer. This saves me a buttload of time, as I'm
> > always switching to accommodate for QT outputs, ref outputs, and tape
> > layoffs.
> >
> > It may have been there the whole time, I don't know, but I didn't find it
> > there until v6, and I don't even care. It's great.
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Michael Brockington <brocking@>wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >
> > >
> > > I hope you get a few more responses on this topic, John.
> > >
> > > I've been working on a doc with lots of subtitled rushes the last few
> > > months, and have become a big fan of reverse-matchframe.
> > >
> > > My source footage has all become source sequences, with subtitle effects
> > > applied for rough translation. So simple things like trimming or
> > > match-frame are no longer that simple, since they don't give me access
> > > to the subtitles.
> > >
> > > But I can load an assembly of subtitled rushes in the source window,
> > > activate the sequence monitor, hit reverse matchframe, and be able to
> > > access adjacent footage including subtitles with relative ease.
> > >
> > > Not really a new discovery -- just a feature I hadn't found much use for
> > > before (which turns out to be invaluable!)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > --Michael
> > >
> > >
> > > On 12-12-28 12:10 PM, John Moore wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Okay the year is almost over but I think it would be great to hear
> > > > what everybody learned this year that was new to them in Avid. I've
> > > > already posted about the correlation offset regieon tracker that I
> > > > finally started using. I had been stuck in my old ways but now a
> > > > right click in the tracker data timeline and I can start a new tracker
> > > > region with a new start box to find a new anchor point and I don't
> > > > have manually offset the shape like I did before using the new region
> > > > tracker technique. This would be my best discovery in Avid this year
> > > > even though it's been around a while I finally started to use it.
> > > > Looking forward to see what everybody else has discovered or
> > > rediscovered.
> > > >
> > > > John Moore
> > > >
> > > > Barking Trout Productions
> > > >
> > > > Studio City, CA
> > > >
> > > > bigfish@ <mailto:bigfish%40pacbell.net>
> > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment