Saturday, December 22, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: MacPro 12 Core 2.66 vs 3.06 GHz?

 

Good info. It has also been suggested to me that a better grapics card or additional graphics card is more effective than a faster processor.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, namyrb <namyrb@...> wrote:
>
> I'd say it depends on whether the 3.06Ghz model has more L3 cache. The
> higher the amount of cache you have, the more functions the processor can
> anticipate. If it does have more cache, then it's probably worth
> considering. I'd personally spend more money on fast storage... makes a
> much bigger difference than a slightly faster processor.
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM, John Moore <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I know a 12 core 2.66 GHz will be fine for a symphony nitris DX but I'm
> > curious what others think about the same model with 3.06 GHz processor. I
> > got my MBP with 3.06 GHz and have been pleased with it. For an additonal
> > $1,200 bucks is the 3.06GHz worth it? I know Avid benifits more from
> > processor speed than cores but will this make a noticeable difference to me
> > in my everday life? Or would the extra horsepower help to benefit me down
> > the line with Resolve etc..... Also the ATI Radion 5770 vs the 5870. My
> > VAR has the 5770 so I'm sure it will work for my present needs. Curious
> > what others think. Santa needs to know pronto?
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@...
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment