Saturday, November 17, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Lane Configuration on MacPro OS 10.6.8 for IO Express?

In my experience with AJA cards in general, a four lane slot is the
minimum. Anything less and I've had results like yours, plus video/audio
going out of sync. Definitely try reconfiguring to a 4x slot if you can.


On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Thanks for the link. I don't see anything addressing anything specific to
> open io or the io express. It does mention all 4 slots as mechanical 16
> lanes. I assume that means depending on the expansion slot utility
> configuration any slot can have 16 lanes but not all slots can have 16
> lanes at the same time on this circa 2009 ish macpro. I will have to dig
> through more aja manuals and contact aja support to see what they
> recommend. Is anyone successfully running mc 5.5.3 with the io express OS
> 10.6.8 and outputting dnx 220X media to HDCam/HDCamSR successfully without
> stalls. It seems like this should work I'm hoping it's just that I've got
> the PCI=E io express HBA card in slot 2 set to only one lane that is the
> problem. I'll probably just shot gun it and move the HBA to slot 4 which is
> set for 4 lanes and see if there is improvement.
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
> >
> > <<http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/User_Guide/en269631>>
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Moore <bigfish@> wrote:
> > >
> > > So I've been posting about the io express set up I'm setting up. It
> does work but today we tried to output to HDCam. Machine control etc...
> all worked but we could only output roughly 90 secs without a stall on
> dropped frames. I found it wouldn't even go more than a second when the
> output was set to 10 bit in the digital cut tool. Setting that to 8 bit
> and we could output 90 secs ish chunks. I tried media from both an
> internal drive and our fibre connected unity. I even added a sync
> generator and feed the deck and the io express reference but still just
> short chunks between stalls. I took the same project into my sndx mac and
> it output without a hitch. I'm wondering if the lane configuration could
> be an issue. right now slot 1 has 16 lanes with the 1900 radeon card.
> Slot 2 has one lane with the HBA card for the io express. Slot 3 has a
> celerity card for fibre at 4 lane. Slot 4 has 4 land with another video
> card that can be used
> > > for a full screen playback monitor but isn't connected now. Could the
> 1 lane be choking the io express for output digital cut? I thought I read
> somewhere that the io express only needs one lane but I may be
> misremembering that. Are slots 2 thru 4 all compatible so I could choose
> one of the other configurations and get 4 lanes to the slot 2 or should I
> just move the io express HBA card to slot 4 and put the extra video card in
> slot 2. The extra video card isn't feeding anything right now so a one
> lane slot wouldn't really effect anything would it?
> > >
> > > John Moore
> > >
> > > Barking Trout Productions
> > >
> > > Studio City, CA
> > >
> > > bigfish@
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment