Saturday, November 10, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Project and media not reading off ext Hard drive

 

Nick, I've never had success using MacDrive for anything other than
simple file transfers. I think you'd have much less pain if you use a
NTFS drive on your Windows editing system and when you're done editing,
copy the files to the other editor's Mac formatted drive. --J.B.

Nick wrote:
> OK Here is a weird one!
> I am doing a project that I need to share with another editor in another location. I'm working on MC6.5 on PC and using the clients Mac formatted Lacie 3Tb drive connected through eSata and MacDrive to my PC running Windows 7.
>
> All seems to be running fine. The media is all AMA'd and the project is saved to the 3Tb drive. At the end of the session I transcode all the media from the edits onto the 3Tb drive, backup my project to the C Drive and send the 3Tb drive off to the other editor.
>
> Then the trouble starts! He is running MC 6.0.3 on a Mac. The 3Tb drive boots up OK but the Avid project won't open. I email him my backed up copy of the project and that opens fine but none of the media is linked and the Mac isn't seeing the Media on the 3Tb. Ok, trash the databases and rebuild except Avid then wants to quarantine all of the MXF mediafiles.
>
> Client brings drive back to me on PC 6.5. I now can't open project saved on 3Tb drive either. Open backup project OK - rebuild databases - a couple of audio files are quarantined but otherwise it's all OK.
>
> Now I reconsolidate all media off 3Tb drive on to another 500Gb USB drive and copy Project.
>
> Back to other editor and this works fine! What the heck!!! Anyone got any ideas about what was going on there? I verified the 3Tb drive on my Mac laptop and it said it was perfect, but I can only think that there was some weird Mac/PC file structure mismatch thing going on which I have never come across before.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment