Saturday, November 3, 2012

[Avid-L2] Ver. 6 and Medianet compatibility?

 

Okay I know this is crossing the version streams but I've been running my Mac SNDX 5.5.3 with OS 10.6.8 and connection manager 5.2 over ethernet to our older unity and now our newer medianet unity with sucess.  I added a new startup drive to one of our mac media composers that runs OS 10.5x with mc 3.1.1 ish.  The new startup drive has media composer 6.0.3 and os 10.6.8 and it works fine with an aja i/o express.  With Fibre Manager 5.3.3 and the latest 5.5.1 I can connect to our medianet unity.  I can create a project but can't seem to access media on the unity.  I can transfer files to the unity workspace at the finder level and I can run a project but the media is another story.  I'm thinking something has changed from 5.5.3 to 6 that won't work on older unity media storage.  I can store media locally on the media composer mac while running the project off unity over fibre.  Is there any chance that it's because this Avid is hooked up fibre
using fibre manager instead of ethernet using connection manager?  Is it a known incompatibility with ver 6.x and older unitys?  It just seems like if I can run a project and transfer files I should be able to access the media.  The same system running it's normal os 10.5.x and V 3.1.1 can access the media.  Our efforts are to be able to feed an HD signal to the Panny monitor over SDI so the editor can offline watching the HD signal not an SD mojo output.  The AJA I/O seemed perfect up until the unity issue.  I figured as long as I could connect and mount workspaces it would work but oh well.  Any suggestions?  I guess the other route would be a mojo DX and running an earlier version of mediacomposer.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment