Saturday, November 24, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: AMA link to Avid Compressed .mov shows offline?

 

Well F me skipping again. You mean I get to play Wheel of Fortune with the Video column. Next time I ama link I want Vanna to show up in my edit bay. Mind you this is not the first time I've wished for that to happen. '-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Mark Spano <cutandcover@...> wrote:
>
> Had some issues like that in 5.5.3 that seem to be resolved in 6 (so far).
> The codec showing up with every other letter skipped. Avid Meridien
> Compressed says "A_i_ _e_i_i_n_C_m_r_s_e_" (you fill in the blanks!).
> You'll likely also see Apple ProRes 422 as "A_p_e_P_o_e_ _2_". Avid bug,
> harmless.
>
> Sometimes Avid 5.5.3 doesn't recognize its own codecs as consolidatable.
> Transcode or straight import are the only options then. Haven't seen this
> in 6 - my assumption is that it's a codec mismatch between LE/PE/something.
> As if the QT was encoded on one and you have the other installed. Most of
> the time I go to straight import because I've seen weird artifacts with
> transcoding those. Grayish frames on transitions. That hasn't changed going
> to 6, so I bet it's codec related.
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Well F me skipping. I put the file onto the desktop transfering it from a
> > Unity workspace and it worked. I thought wow must be something in the file
> > path but when I tried to link ama to the file I had originally had issues
> > with it worked too. I have restarted Avid a fewa times since then so that
> > maybe it. Here's the kicker I figured just for edumacation I'd see how long
> > a consolidate would take and it errored out saying check console. Here's
> > the console message:
> >
> > "The clip BS SHOW NET CUT 2 1120 was skipped during the Consolidate
> > operation because it is of a foreign compression type."
> >
> > According to QTPro the clip is Avid Meridian compressed but in the Video
> > Column in the bin it says, "Ai eiinCmrse" WTF.
> >
> > Well I can transcode the clip but it looks like it will take about the
> > same time the import took. I sure see a lot of these Ai or other
> > permutations on file types when I ama to things I know are Avid 1:1 SD
> > .movs. What is the reason behind Ai.... as a format that Avid sees when ama
> > linking through QT. I feel some more googling in my future tonight.
> >
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Mark Spano <cutandcover@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Check the path for prohibited characters. That's the most common reason
> > for
> > > a successful link but unsuccessful media online. I've had other weirdness
> > > with AMA linking online and then a split second later going offline -
> > then
> > > I either restart or trash state files and it's working again.
> > >
> > >
> > > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM, John Moore <bigfish@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > **
> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I have a reference movie that plays in QT 7 and lists the codec as Avid
> > > > meridian compressed codec, 720x486, Millions. I link to ama file on my
> > mac
> > > > pro os 10.6.8 SNDX 5.5.3 and a clip appears in the bin but it is
> > offline.
> > > > This is a 1080I 59.94 project and I tried toggling to 30I but still the
> > > > clip is offline. I'm trying a standard import which I hope will work. I
> > > > was thinking it would be quicker to link ama and consolidate than do a
> > > > standard import. Are there ama issues with meridian compressed codec? I
> > > > can't remember if I read about this a while back. Given this is a QT
> > movie
> > > > my understanding is the QT ama component is still part of the Avid
> > install
> > > > and doesn't require an additional ama plugin. I regularly link to ama
> > on
> > > > my SD 1:1 Avid shows to check my files for delivery and that works fine
> > > > once I set the proper field order. Am I missing something here?
> > > >
> > > > John Moore
> > > >
> > > > Barking Trout Productions
> > > >
> > > > Studio City, CA
> > > >
> > > > bigfish@
> >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment