Friday, November 23, 2012

[Avid-L2] Network DNX 145 File Delivery vs XDCam 422 vw Prores?

 

I've found the following requirements from a network file delivery spec:

Format:
Wrapper:
MXF or Quicktime
Video:
XDCAM 4:2:2, DNX 145 OR PRORES 4:2:2
Audio:
LPCM Little Endian, 24-bit, 48kHz (Track Assignments above)
Resolution:
1920x1080 (1080i)
Frame Rate:
29.97
Timecode:
Drop frame

Now in the past I've been able to deliver 1:1 Avid media when the network wanted 2:1.  I'm wondering if they will accept DNX 220x which is what we've done the show in.  That will be up to them.  My preference would be to make a dnx 220x Ref QT and use QTPro to make an .mov for delivery.  If the network won't take the dnx 220x file I'm curious what would be my next best choice quality wise.  I know I can make a reasonable prores file with a QT ref out of Avid without a major gamma shift.  I usually see a slight quadrature error but overall top and bottom levels are good.  So would I be better off making a transcode of the hour show to DNX 145 or export an XDCAM 422 or the ProRes?  My gut likes to stay with Avid media just because I haven't had any gamma issues etc...  kinda like delivering a tape, which we have to do too.  Wondering what others think.  Am I a Luddite to want to stay in some form of Avid media?

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment