Friday, October 5, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] C300 footage solved

 

My advice would be even more foolproof. I always tell my AEs to copy (via
option-drag on Mac) the DISC/CARD mounted on the desktop to the RAID. You
can't miss a single file or folder structure element if you do it that way,
and you can rename the copied DISC/CARD anything you want once it's copied.
Don't bother opening the DISC/CARD and poking around in its folders looking
for what to copy. You might not get everything.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Roger <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Yup - copy everything into a new folder (nearly always). I've had to
> hammer this home to 80 freshmen (I think you call them) this week!
>
> On 5 Oct 2012, at 20:45, Steve Hullfish wrote:
>
> > I had not downloaded the 64 bit version. That was one problem.
> >
> > The other was stupid, and I should have known better, but it may help
> some other stupid person, so I will outline my error:
> >
> > I was trying to use the AMA VOLUME option instead of AMA FILE.
> >
> > When I copied the folders over from the card, I dragged the CONTENT
> folder from the card to my RAID, leaving it named CONTENT and not touching
> any of the other folder structure. I also had to copy ANOTHER card's worth
> of footage onto the same RAID, but of course, the folder name for THAT card
> was also "CONTENT." So, I created a folder on the RAID called "CURRENT
> PROJECT" and dropped the second card's CONTENT folder into that to keep it
> from overwriting the first card's information.
> >
> > When I tried to AMA the first card, using VOLUME, I pointed at the
> CONTENT folder and the Avid didn't see any AMA-able files. But when I
> pointed at the second folder, that had the second CONTENT folder inside of
> it, it worked perfectly. Since that worked, I created another folder on the
> RAID called "CURRENT PROJECT2" and dropped the first CONTENT folder into it
> and then the AMA of those files also worked perfectly.
> >
> > So the lesson is that the Avid is used to having you point to a CARD
> with the CONTENT folder IN it... and if you copy the CONTENT folder to a
> RAID or some other drive, you either need to put it into a folder on the
> RAID, or you have to point to the ENTIRE RAID, which of course, could
> import a LOT of stuff that you may not want.
> >
> > Lesson learned. I swear I didn't have to do this with the Sony F3
> footage or the P2 footage or the XDCAM footage that I've previously AMA'd
> from files copied to the RAID, but maybe I did and this is just a lesson
> RE-learned.
> >
> > Steve Hullfish
> > contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> > author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
> >
> >
>
> With best wishes,
> Roger Shufflebottom
> +44 7973 543 660
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment