Sunday, October 7, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Applying an effect to more than one clip in a timeline

 

Ah yes, of course this would be the answer the issue of how to keep adding subsequent layers of effect processing after you've added the first individual, clip by clip effects. But do you have to do this initially? I find I select multiple effects by lasso, then double click an effect icon, and have that effect applied to all those individual clips without nesting.

As to any additional effects added to groups of clips after the the first round, yes, then I know of no other way (apart from adding them to empty layers above), than the autonest method. I myself wish there were an alternative to this. I'm not crazy about having big hunks of timeline, including useful clip text of all types, obscured by obese effect icons.

Best,
Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger <rogershuff@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 7, 2012 12:31 am
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Applying an effect to more than one clip in a timeline

Option or Alt+Double click should do it for you. They'll all be autonested into
the one new effect.

On 7 Oct 2012, at 01:31, Tony Breuer wrote:

> Symphony 6.0.1.1, MAC Pro 8 core 16 Gig Ram
>
> I'm cutting a corporate gig with a lot of repetitive effects (resizing
backgrounds, PowerPoint slides in a monitor screen, Spectramatte the presenter
and a bug on top) on 5 different video tracks.
>
> It's been a while since I did a job like this, but I seem to remember that I
used to select a series of clips on the timeline by lassoing them from left to
right and then double click on the effect I wanted in my effects bin and the
effect would be applied to all the selected clips in the timeline.
>
> I have tried doing that to no avail on this job and have been dragging and
dropping the effects on each individual clip in order to get what I want.
>
> Did this change at some point and I am not aware of it?
>
> If it did, this is a major PITA. It's a real drag and I'm ready to drop. .
>
> Tony (Pun intended) Breuer
>
>

With best wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment