Friday, October 5, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Render Test Here's a new take that seems like BS?

 

I think you're missing the issue. It's not how long it takes to render it is being proposed that because the renders in offline were done to 1:1, a fact I can not confirm, the sequence response is slow. I'm well aware of how heavy layers slow down a sequence but it's never in my experience been related to the resolution of renders.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Coldiron <jciron2005@...> wrote:
>
> OH YES....
> 19 layers produces sluggish renders.
> I had a show that had ten layered EFX in the V1 layer plus another 5-6 video tracks above.
>  I was finally able to work with the show after the first episode.
> I found that I could eliminate much of the 10 BCC EFX in V1 by making stills of the BG layers.
> Offline editors don't think about the render issues they create when their show goes to Online.
> I'm sure at 10:1 in offline resolution it worked fine. At 1:1 in Symphony not very well.
> First episode took DAYS to render.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment