Thursday, September 13, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Did the Superbin return in MC 6.5?

 

Steve,

I looked at that and my initial thoughts were, for my editing style and typical project needs, the changes made to the "superbin" feature added clicks.

In particular, when I'm working on a project I much more frequently use the TEXT, FRAME and SCRIPT tabs for the reasons each supports than I change bins themselves. The process of changing between TEXT, FRAME and SCRIPT modes is now a two click process.

Additionally, the Superbin approach already provided a one-click means to open alternate bins.

As far as I can tell, the multiple bin tabs within a bin have to be rebuilt each time that bin is closed - or the project is reopened.

Moving assets between bins really hasn't been improved.

So what have I really gained?

With the new approach it would be nice if I could drag the same bin and drop it into itself in a separate tab and apply a different TEXT, FRAME and SCRIPT mode to that additional bin. Then I could quickly change how I view the assets... and have other bins there too!

Karl Knowles
Tallahassee, FL

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "SP" <sppomerantz@...> wrote:
>
> I don't know about 6.5, but 6.0 now features tabbed bins, which I see as a more useful implementation of Superbin.
> Open any bin, then drag other bins directly from the project window into that bin and you get tabbed bins.
>
> HTH,
>
> Steve Pomerantz
> www.stevepomerantzeditorial.com
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "kvifritz" <kvipost@> wrote:
> >
> > While I've only been on 6.03 for two days (bought it late last year - just installed it) I'm feeling the need to learn more about 6.5 and whether some of the features lost in 6.0x were reintroduced in 6.5.
> >
> > I find that I can not trust Avid literature for the answers as the Avid Editing Application Users Guide bundled with 6.03 clearly states that mouse wheel control of effects parameters exists - when in reality it doesn't!
> >
> > Thus I cast this question to the L2 community with the hopes that someone can provide an answer based on hands-on use of 6.5.
> >
> > Did the Superbin return in MC 6.5?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Karl Knowles
> > Tallahassee, FL
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment