Friday, August 31, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Audio Quality and Sync from Cannon 5D into mc?

 

Hi again John,

I forgot to address the sync concern. I've never observed any sync issues after Canon software was modified to make 24p = 23.978. Before that, 24p on the Canon was really 24p and the Avid project was 23.978.

Best Wishes,

Paul Sulsky

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Moore" <bigfish@pacbell.net>
To: "Avid L2" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 9:23:17 PM
Subject: [Avid-L2] Audio Quality and Sync from Cannon 5D into mc?

I searched but didn't find the thread I'm thinking of. I believe Oliver mentioned various legacy format issues with audio sync and some DSLRs. I believe the Panny HVR-200 was known to have some audio sync issues with it's files and perhaps DSLRs like Cannon 5D. We are shooting standups with the 5D and they use to do double system and sometimes it was off. Now they are sending the audio to the camera from the mixer. Is the internal audio on the Canon 5D problematic as far as quality and sync? We also have the audio files to use for backup. Trying to remember what gotchas I've read about on the L-2. You now it's not until I get bit in the arse that I remember something somewhere somehow might be of use.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment