Friday, August 17, 2012

[Avid-L2] One ama clip bogs down SNDX 5.5.3 on mac?

 

One ama clip bogs down SNDX 5.5.3 on mac?
Now that I've moved to SNDX 5.5.3 Mac os 10.6.8 I find when I ama link to one long SD avid 1:1 .mov file of a 50 minute ish show the whole system gets very laggy.  I hit the hamburger menu and it's 5 to 6 seconds for it to open and I get spinning beach ball for several seconds when right clicking before things happen.  I'm getting use to the sluggishness but this seems very problematic and I only have one bin with one ama clip cut into it's own sequence so I can play it back through my Tek scope for error logging.  I haven't notice ama being so sluggish on other systems but I haven't worked much with ama.  Is this because it's a long clip?  Also I found when I plugged in an external LaCie usb drive avid automatically opened a bin with the drives name and proceeded to churn for several minutes.  Quiting avid and restarting without unmounting the LaCie drive and Avid did not create the automatic bin.  Is that a preference somewhere?  I looked under
ama setting but it looked like I could turn off ama on the next restart but nothing about auto mounting new volumes.  Is that a bin setting?  I'm locked out of my sytem right now so I can't explore.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment