Sunday, July 1, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: HTML puzzle

 

Hi,

It's the <br>'s that you're adding after the </tr> tags. I'm no
html guru either, but I had never heard about putting elements
between rows in a table, and when I took them out, the table
placement returned to 'normal.'

It appears the <br> tags were getting piled up on top of the
table, not incorporated as part of it....

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

On 7/1/12 10:57 PM, John Beck wrote:
> I just updated a website for a friend and it's behaving oddly. I have a
> page of thumbnail photos with links to the higher resolution images.
> The thumbnail photos are arranged in HTML tables. I haven't been able
> to explain (or get rid of) the big empty space between the heading at
> the top of the page and the photos. It's not a big deal since the users
> of the page won't mind scrolling down to find their photos but it
> bothers me that I haven't been able to figure out why it's happening. I
> might just rewrite the page in some other way. If anyone would like to
> have a look... Eternal bragging rights and my gratitude to anyone who
> finds the unintentional bit of HTML that is causing the gap.
> http://midwestcaninealternatives.com/photos.htm
> Many Thanks. --J.B.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment