Sunday, July 29, 2012

[Avid-L2] Where is a good place to learn how to do motion graphics within Media Composer?

 

Hi everybody -

I'm finding that shows I work on now are asking for more and more graphics, even in 'reality' and documentary. During a run of FCP jobs a few years ago, I got Kevin Monahan's 'Motion Graphics in FCP' book, and was able to get a lot out of it I could immediately put to work. Enough so that often I was able to build everything a show needed without sending anything out to After Effects.

I'd like to feel as capable in front of a stock Media Composer install as I did on an FCP install. I have started using Boris Composite to get my transfer modes, which helps a lot, but I still feel like I'm fighting with the system to build what I want to build.

Are there books to recommend? A specific set of classes on Lynda.com?

To be clear, I am cutting shows for A&E already; I am not looking for an explanation of keyframes, but to get from intermediate to advanced.

Thanks all...

-Robert Salsbury

PS - I got my copy of Avid Agility this weekend, and I actually did learn a good bit about key frames!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment