Friday, June 1, 2012

[Avid-L2] Moving an FCP Project to Avid

 


So I'm cutting a doc with about 70 hours of mostly Epic footage (with some Panasonic). It's a stereo project. But the show was set up on FCP before I came on board. Needless to say, I'm not an FCP fan. The bigger the project, the more glitchy and the bigger a pain in the ass FCP is.

I'm thinking about porting the whole thing over to Avid. So is this an Automatic Duck situation? How would I handle turning everything into MXF's? Or what happens to all my FCP media?

I'm just sick of crashes. And save errors. And out of memory errors. And all the other little annoyances you get on FCP that you never get with Avid. Mostly.

Thanks,

David

David Dodson
davidadodson@sbcglobal.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment