Friday, May 11, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Will Sony SRW-5500 add CC 608 on downconvert?

 

AJA FS1

BG
www.finale.tv

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, johnrobmoore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

From: johnrobmoore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Will Sony SRW-5500 add CC 608 on downconvert?
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, May 11, 2012, 5:26 PM

 

Just heard back from Sony Engineering and they told me the 5500 does not pass closed captioning through the downconvert. I was told it might pass through the FC option card but that's for format/frame rate convert function and doesn't do a down convert. I guess Everts and others must make a box that would take the HANC CC data and convert it to SD CC on line 21. What are people using to take an HD tape and downconvert maintaining the Closed Captioning is SD?

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Moore <bigfish@...> wrote:

>

> Will Sony SRW-5500 add CC 608 on downconvert?

> I've read that to properly close caption an HDCamSR the captioning needs to have both the 708 captioning and also 608 captioning in the HANC/VANC so upon downconvert to SD there will be the data for 608 to pull from.  I have an HDCam tape that has been closed captioned.  I can see the captioning on my Tek 7020 on the HDSDI.  I'm also taking the downconvert out to a digibeta in edge mode.  When I look at the output of the digibeta I don't see any closed captioning.  I've never looked for CC on the downconvert of the 5500 before.  Anybody know if it should be there derived from the HD captioning already on the tape?  Could this imply that the HD captioning isn't carrying the 608 caption data?  The captioning was done by very established CC and dubbing facilities in LA so I'm confident they did it right.  I haven't had to learn a new codec in a week so maybe this can be my learning project for the week.  ;-)

>

> John Moore

>

> Barking Trout Productions

>

> Studio City, CA

>

> bigfish@...

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment