Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: MC to Symphony Crossgrade Question

 

Dry Euro-humour . . . . just add the word (the) hardware components, David.

On 02/05/2012 16:27, bouke wrote:
> Ok, normally i would let this pass, but since you're from Avid:
> Are you sure MojoDX does not have hardware components?
> (last time i've seen one it sure looked like a physical product to me...)
>
> Bouke
>
> VideoToolShed
> van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
> 6512 AS NIJMEGEN
> The Netherlands
> +31 24 3553311
> www.videotoolshed.com
> For large files:
> http://dropbox.yousendit.com/BoukeVahl998172
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "David Colantuoni"<david.colantuoni@avid.com>
> To:<Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 4:32 PM
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: MC to Symphony Crossgrade Question
>
>
> This is the correct answer. Nitris DX has hardware components and Mojo DX
> does not.
>
>
>
> David Colantuoni
> Product Management - Professional Video Editors and Effects | P&S Creative
> Professional
>
>
>
> From: Dylan Reeve<dylan@dylan.wibble.net<mailto:dylan@dylan.wibble.net>>
> Reply-To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>"
> <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:41 PM
> To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>"
> <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>>
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: MC to Symphony Crossgrade Question
>
> I've seen that said as well - that there is actually hardware in the Nitris
> DX that makes Universal Mastering possible. I'm not sure how much of a
> concern this is - it's entirely of no consequence to me here in PAL-land.
>
> Dylan Reeve
> http://dylanreeve.com/
>
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM, blafarm
> <blafarm@yahoo.com<mailto:blafarm@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
> **
>
>
> For what it's worth, I recently concluded a dialog with support regarding
> the future possibility of Universal Mastering on Mojo DX. In my ticket, I
> referenced this language;
>
> "This first version of the Avid Open I/O does not contain the full feature
> set of the Nitris DX or Mojo DX....Avid is continuing to develop the
> following functionality into the Open I/O".
>
> Which can be found on this page;
>
> http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en422991
>
> The response I received was;
>
> "Mojo DX does not have the extra clocking hardware required for universal
> mastering that the Nitris DX has. It'll never be supported with Mojo DX as
> it will require hardware changes".
>
> So, don't know about the other 3rd party devices -- but it's not possible
> on Mojo DX.
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>, Jason Gillet
> <jsg5403@...> wrote:
>> Great,
>>
>> Thanks for the info. I think he has a Knoa 3 and a Kona LHi so one of
> them will work for his system.
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Â
>> Jason Gillet
>> Editor/Engineer
>> Moving Pictures NYC
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: Greg Huson<Greg@...>
>> To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>"
>> <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>>
>> Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:48 AM
>> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] MC to Symphony Crossgrade Question
>>
>>
>> Â
>> We're running symphony 6 on a Kona 3. I don't think the universal
> mastering works- though, admittedly, haven't actually tried it. It doesn't
> work on any of the other 'open I/O' cards. If it was going to work, k3
> would be the place for it, but, I'd say... No. Otherwise, works the same as
> our other symphonys. (power is off, or I'd go check it right now.).
>> GH
>> __________________________
>> Greg Huson
>> Chief
>> Secret Headquarters, inc
>> Greg (at) SecretHQ.Com
>> www.SecretHQ.com
>> www.DigitalServiceStation.com
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On May 1, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Jason Gillet<jsg5403@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have a client interested in the FCP crossgrade to Symphony. My
> question is do you need a Nitris box to run Symphony these day's? I've
> never tried to run it as a software only app. If you don't need the Nitris
> box what will the only feature that will not work be the Universal feature?
> Will these features work with the Kona Cards? I'm assuming not.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>>
>>> Jason Gillet
>>> Editor/Engineer
>>> Moving Pictures NYC
>>>
>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>
>>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

--
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543660

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment