Saturday, April 7, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Biscardi makes his decision

 

I know you've been saying the same stuff. You and I have been commiserating for more than a decade. I was apologizing for the DS comment.

The advantage to Symphony is definitely the seamless integration of the cc tools into the editing environment. All you have to do is attempt to move any project into and out of any of the other NLE/CC combinations and you long for that specific functionality of Symphony.

I honestly think that the problem is that Avid is now so hampered by its depleted engineering staff. I don't think that they can do anything much more than keep up with all of the format and codec changes and make a few editing UI changes.

The diversion into "smart tools" may have been welcome to some, but when I just went back and did a gig on an older Symphony that didn't have them, I never missed them. It definitely probably helped make MC more accessible to the FCP crowd and made it a little easier for people to switch to Avid. That's obviously a good thing and something that brings money and editors into the fold, but MAN effects and CC are just not good in MC and Symph. I think the editing UI is better than anything else out there. I honestly do. I think editing and trimming in MC is better than FCP7 or FCPX or anything else. Media management and AMA are also good things about Avid, but outside of ACTUAL EDITING, MC is severely hampered.

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com

On Apr 7, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Terence Curren wrote:

> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@...> wrote:
> "But effects and cc in Symphony needs to get more like... well, DS... Sorry Terry!"
>
> Why are you apologizing to me? No one has been screaming louder at Avid since the early days of the original Symphony that they need more features and development than me. No one!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment