Saturday, April 21, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: MC V6.0 Effects Editor NOW and ode to V.4

 



--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, avideditorrob@... wrote:
>
> As long as we on the audio tools,
> Track Enable/Disable is one that kills me.
>
> In 5.5, at least, When a track is disabled, the only way to enable it is in the mix tool.
>
> It should a option click on the timeline track selection so I don't have to mouse all over the place to re-enable tracks.
>
> As to why they're un-enables in the first place completely eludes me.
>
> Has this been corrected in v6?
>

I use the track enable/disable all the time - especially since the introduction of the tiny mute buttons.

There is also an important difference between muting and track disabling. Disabling actually stops that track being processed and improves performance slightly. If you have a nest of effects that don't play smoothly in real time, disabling the audio tracks may improve the smoothness slightly. I find this particularly useful when I have to play difficult AMA material on the timeline. Sometimes just disabling a couple of audio tracks makes the difference between stuttering and smooth play.

Also, I don't know about v6, but in version 5 you can simply hold down the ALT key (on a PC platform) and press the A1,A2 key etc to toggle the track(s) on or off. I'd hate to have this function removed. You can of course right-click on the relevant slider in the mixer and select enable/disable, but the shortcut keys are easily the fastest way I've found - even faster than hitting the mute buttons on the digidesign 002 I have connected.

Bruno

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment