Saturday, March 3, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] XDCAM EX AMA Weirdness

 

you can check the directory structure with Sony XDCAM Transfer and rebuild the structure database files with Sony XDCAM EX Clip Browser. I use those to check stuff when I've done finder level file management of EX footage.

Jay

On Mar 3, 2012, at 1:50 AM, Dylan Reeve wrote:

> I got a call from the assistant on a job I've been doing some freelance
> consulting for, she was totally unable to get Media Composer 5.5 to AMA
> link to a whole shoot's worth of XDCAM EX clips.
>
> Over the phone I verified that the file structure seemed to be correct and
> other basic things. No luck.
>
> I went in this evening and tested a few things out - I was totally unable
> to get the clips to link in Avid either. Even weirder was that I received
> no error message as you usually do when linking fails. It also didn't pop
> up the bin naming dialog.
>
> We verified the files were fine by using the Sony XDCAM Browser. We upgrade
> the AMA plugin to the latest version. We completely reinstalled the AMA
> plugin. We disabled AMA then re-enabled it. We sucessfully AMA linked EX
> clips from the same cameras on an earlier shoot.
>
> I turned on all AMA logging in the console (AMA_SetLoggingLevel 0xff) and
> there was absolutely nothing. We'd try "Link to AMA Volume" navigate the
> the right place, and then nothing - we were back in Media Composer as if
> nothing happened.
>
> Eventually I tried copying a whole card from the drive it was on to another
> drive. It worked fine.
>
> I checked all the permissions on the drive, I verified I could read and
> write files on that drive and in the EX folders (I deleted the TAKR folder
> and XML files and had the XDCAM Broswer recreate them - no problems).
>
> No idea what it going on but we're now moving 790GB of EX media from one
> drive to another in the hope that it will just somehow work on that drive.
>
> Dylan Reeve
> http://dylanreeve.com/
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment