Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Tapeless Reality Check - clip names "00000".

 

Sorry, I completely missed the duplicate naming problem which I realize was the whole point of this.

Errr....

On Mar 31, 2012, at 12:35 PM, "Robert" <robertsalsbury@me.com> wrote:

>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Anna Hovhannessian <annahovhannessian@...> wrote:
> >
> > If you're nervous about renaming clips, The other option is to make stringouts.
> >
> > You can stringout each interview in a sequence. Makes it easier anyway. Radio cuts are faster, scenes make more sense, finding timecode easier.
> >
> > Same thing with Broll footage.
> >
> > I rarely look at the clips anyway, i just go straight to the strings.
> >
> > The only time I go to the footage bin is if I need to look at the metadata for some reason or troubleshoot something.
> >
>
> I'm already working that way, the issue though is that when you cut from a string out reel into your timeline, you have nonsense info in this case as the underlying clip names are useless.
>
> Thanks to everyone who's chimed in on this; I'm having a meeting early next week with the online folks to sort this out. I'm hoping there's been a miscommunication and everyone realizes clip names within a bin aren't the hard link to file name and just wants to make sure I don't go around renaming files on the Unity drives (!), but in case that's not the issue, I think I came up with a plan B.
>
> I realized I could subclip the "00000", "00001" clips in their entirety and give them whatever name I want, and then make string outs from the subclips. Cutting from a string out of subclips puts useful info into the timeline, and it won' t be that onerous for the assistant to blast through a few bins in a couple of hours and make the change. In fact, Bouke's macro editor may help out with this as well.
>
> -Robert
>
>
>
>
> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
> Grasshopper plays hide-and-seek
> A photographer catches a plant-eating insect peeking through a hole in a big green leaf.
> Privacy Policy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment