Saturday, March 10, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: MC Ver 6 Hangs at "Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager"

 



Good tip.
I was getting this on my new MBP too.
The behavior has gone away for the most part at this point.
It seemed like once it had gone through whatever the long process was it didn't need to do it again.

Benjamin Hershleder
http://ContactBen.com
http://Hershleder.com

Wear It In Post!
Fun T-shirts, mousepads, mugs & more
for Post Production Professionals
http://www.WearItInPost.com

On Mar 10, 2012, at 8:39 AM, namyrb wrote:

> Once it starts hanging, just click on the initial startup window with the
> avid logo on it. Then click away from it. I've had the same problem on my
> 2011 MBP and this seems to "wake it up" so to speak. This also happens
> when it says Initializing Audio Plugins on my PCs sometimes. I just click
> the avid logo, then windows will say that Avid has stopped responding.
> When I continue, Avid wakes up and continues the loading process.
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Mark <markraudonis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>>
>> Yes, all of our systems "hang" on startup when AMA is enabled. When we
>> first discovered this, it certainly was a "WTF" moment! The "search" time
>> is 5-10 minutes. I can confirm that unplugging the ethernet will snap it
>> out of the "search" mode and move the initialization
>> forward.
>>
>> mark
>>
>>
>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Landau <rlandau@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Jeff, I will try that.
>>>
>>> Robert
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 3/9/12 4:57 PM, jeffsengpiehl wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Time to think like a hacker- install the
>>>> application "Little Snitch". Then launch MC. make
>>>> note of what ports it wants to talk through when
>>>> it does that-
>>>>
>>>> then next launch, shut them down.
>>>>
>>>> JDS
>>>>
>>>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>>>> <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>, Robert Landau
>>>> <rlandau@> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Jeff,
>>>>> Yes I have but it seems to take between 5
>>>>> and 10 minutes to do so.
>>>>>
>>>>> Robert
>>>>>
>>>>> On 3/9/12 12:10 PM, jeffsengpiehl wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Have you just let it sit to see if it figures it
>>>>>> out and goes forward eventually?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> JDS
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>>>> <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
>>>>>> <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>, "RobertL"
>>>>>> <rlandau@> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Upon upgrading to 6.0 and also in 6.01 an
>>>>>> anomaly on start up Media Composer has cropped
>>>> up.
>>>>>> Whenever the CPU is connected to my LAN, Media
>>>>>> Composer hangs up for at least five minutes when
>>>>>> it reaches the "Initializing Avid Media Access
>>>>>> Volume Manager" message. My CPU is a Mac Pro 8
>>>>>> core running OSX 10.7.2 with 14 Gb.s of RAM. This
>>>>>> never happened on my system before running Media
>>>>>> Composer versions 2.1 - 5.5. If I turn off the
>>>> LAN
>>>>>> everything boots up normally.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> When I researched this problem I found mention
>>>>>> of it going back to Media Composer version 4.
>>>>>> Apparently Media Composer is looking to
>>>> initialize
>>>>>> any drives it finds on your network. The only
>>>>>> solution people mentioned to overcome it was to
>>>>>> unplug the LAN. Luckily for me I have the studio
>>>>>> router on a rack mounted power strip behind my
>>>>>> chair in my edit suite. Still it's getting to
>>>> be a
>>>>>> PIA to remember to do this every time I start up
>>>>>> Media Composer.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing
>>>>>> this in Ver. 6 and also if anyone has any
>>>> ideas on
>>>>>> how to fix it.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sincerely,
>>>>>>> Robert Landau
>>>>>>> New Century Films, Inc.
>>>>>>> Burbank, CA
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been
>>>> removed]
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment