Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Monitoring Closed Caption in HD?

 

dis-regard my post, Lee. I see you already found the JVC. whoops...

HD CC decoding 'aint cheap

On Mar 21, 2012, at 4:46 PM, John Kilgour wrote:

> JVC has a monitor with HD CC decoding:
>
> http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL101918
>
>
>
> On Mar 21, 2012, at 4:19 PM, millervideo_sf wrote:
>
>> I am trying to monitor closed caption files via HD-SDI. None of our HD monitors seem to do it. So what I am now doing is playing the show on FCP or AVID and digitizing that onto another system.(while laying off simultaneously to tape) When the system is finished digitizing, then I play that digitized movie back in QuickTime, which has no problem displaying the closed caption data. To check the tape, I have to digitize a piece of the tape to verify it has stuck to the tape. What a pain!
>>
>> This is so awkward! Does somebody make a black box that will allow one to playback a tape or look at a AJA card output and display HD closed captioning? I have searched the web and only find late generation monitors that state they handle EIA-608/708 DTV Closed Captioning via HD-SDI input.
>>
>> I am hoping not to have to buy a dedicated monitor just for this purpose. JVC makes a 17" one for about $3,000, but that seems excessive just for this one little purpose!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Lee Miller
>> Miller Video
>> San Francisco
>>
>>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment