Sunday, March 11, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: MC Ver 6 Hangs at "Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager"

 

I've also noticed that on different computers and different customers sites
If in vers 4 it was quite easy to fix it unplugging the network cable, in vers 6 there are a lot of sites that have ISIS 5000, so unplugging the cable will disconnect the mounted volumes
It is definitely a bug, the only hope is that Avid will fix it

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "RobertL" <rlandau@...> wrote:
>
> Upon upgrading to 6.0 and also in 6.01 an anomaly on start up Media Composer has cropped up. Whenever the CPU is connected to my LAN, Media Composer hangs up for at least five minutes when it reaches the "Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager" message. My CPU is a Mac Pro 8 core running OSX 10.7.2 with 14 Gb.s of RAM. This never happened on my system before running Media Composer versions 2.1 - 5.5. If I turn off the LAN everything boots up normally.
>
> When I researched this problem I found mention of it going back to Media Composer version 4. Apparently Media Composer is looking to initialize any drives it finds on your network. The only solution people mentioned to overcome it was to unplug the LAN. Luckily for me I have the studio router on a rack mounted power strip behind my chair in my edit suite. Still it's getting to be a PIA to remember to do this every time I start up Media Composer.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this in Ver. 6 and also if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.
>
> Sincerely,
> Robert Landau
> New Century Films, Inc.
> Burbank, CA
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment