Saturday, March 24, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: How OLED monitors work

 

"I'm adjusting and suddenly it occurs to me that the producer is off-axis. Ack!"

I'd say every producer I've worked with has been off axis in one way or another. And that's putting it mildly no matter where they sit relative to the monitor. ;-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Tod Hopkins <hoplist@...> wrote:
>
> The problem I have with the off-axis shifting (on all monitors where it occurs) is that it is not necessarily obvious at any given moment that you are not looking at the true pix. They shift happens gradually and affects different images more or less. Sometimes I shift position a few degrees and, "DAMN, that's not right!" Or worse, the producer is complaining and I'm adjusting and suddenly it occurs to me that the producer is off-axis. Ack!
>
> So, I guess I want plasma!
>
> Cheers,
> tod
>
>
> On Mar 24, 2012, at 2:59 AM, Terence Curren wrote:
>
> > There is a color shift if you get off axis. In my experience, that exists on everything but CRTs and Plasmas. You can get more than two people viewing it though. I would say it has a wider axis than JVC.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Reeve <dylan@> wrote:
> > >
> > > As I understand it the contrast stays correct through a wide range of view
> > > angles, but there is a distinct colour shift when you're off axis.
> > >
> > > I've heard it now from a couple of owners, and initially from the man at
> > > Sony who I'd be buying it off if I got one.
> > >
> > > Dylan Reeve
> > > http://dylanreeve.com/
> > >
> > >
> > > On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > **
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That sure doesn't jive with experience. The fact the OLED is emissive
> > > > makes for better off axis viewing in general. Want to talk narrow view try
> > > > the JVC's you have to sit right in the sweet spot or the blacks are
> > > > elevated. I really don't think this is correct information but I'm willing
> > > > to learn more.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dylan Reeve <dylan@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Talking to local Sony guy he did mention one drawback of the OLED
> > > > monitors
> > > > > to me - they have a much narrower field of view. I believe his advice was
> > > > > "if you want to have more than two people in front of it you might want
> > > > to
> > > > > look at something else"
> > > > >
> > > > > Dylan Reeve
> > > > > http://dylanreeve.com/
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Rupert Watson <rupert@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > **
> > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I am so delighted that they kept the faith with OLED. Now all we need
> > > > is
> > > > > > for it to make it to the punter's front room. That's why I still have
> > > > an
> > > > > > sd tube telly. I want to wait til I can get an OLED telly!!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Rupert Watson
> > > > > >
> > > > > > +44 7787 554 801
> > > > > >
> > > > > > www.root6.com
> > > > > >
> > > > > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On
> > > > Behalf
> > > > > > Of Terence Curren
> > > > > > Sent: 22 March 2012 16:40
> > > > > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> > > > > > Subject: [Avid-L2] How OLED monitors work
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Good article here:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > <<
> > > > http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/aadams/story/sony_the_non-techn
> > > > > >
> > > > ical_technical_guide_to_oled_technology/?utm_source=WeeklyNews&utm_mediu
> > > > > > m=email&utm_campaign=032212>>
> > > > > >
> > > > > > or
> > > > > >
> > > > > > http://tinyurl.com/76mme3w
> > > > > >
> > > > > > www.root6.com
> > > > > > For the latest news visit our blog http://www.root6.com/Blog
> > > > > >
> > > > > > root6 ltd
> > > > > > Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ
> > > > > > Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 6052
> > > > > > Company No. 03433253
> > > > > >
> > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
>
> Tod Hopkins
> Hillmann & Carr Inc.
> todhopkins@...
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment