Friday, February 3, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Unity database files bug?

 

And even more messed up. I can't try the Unity reboot until later, so in the mean time I tried unlinking the files and relinking. Oh, they relinked. Relinked to the Unity volume. And the media isn't even on there. Buggy.

Jay

On Feb 3, 2012, at 9:18 PM, Jay Mahavier wrote:

> Ok, so recently upgraded to MCv6 on Lion. We have a Unity 5 system in house. I'm use to being able to organize my media into folders and rename them and have the media be online and be able to rebuild the databases. As an example, if my system is named Avid01, the default folder in the MXF directory is Avid01.1. All my new media goes in there. But in the past, I could make other folders with names like Avid01.1_Prod_01, Avid01.1_VFX_01, etc. and it would rebuild the databases when I added media to them. But now it's stopped working. Only folders named like Avid01.2, Avid01.3, etc are being scanned. Am I the only one having this problem? Because it sucks.
>
> Sorry for sounding so upset, but I'm really starting to hate Unity after many years of thinking it was awesome. And with the cost to move to ISIS I'm thinking that if and when we are done with this Unity system that I'll be done with Avid storage all together.
>
> Jay
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment