Saturday, February 11, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Seagate Go flex issues

 

Lou - we've been using GoFlex for Mac, 2TB (both the silver & the black ones) for some of our "remote" based projects and have NOT had only so-so luck with them. It's ironic because I have just now returned from my local Apple store where I just picked up a Hitachi G-Tech 2TB drive, as we are experiencing very similar issues with a GoFlex for Mac, 2TB (silver color) using the same specs as you, FW 800.
FWIW, the 'silver' ones seem FAR MORE problematic than the BLACK ones do.

Sorry I can't offer any more specific info, just know you're not alone with the Seagate GoFlex dive issues. I've also seen posts here on the L that basically say the same thing - avoid the Seagate GoFlex drives whenever possible.

Good Luck,

Dave B

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Lou Wirth <loutv@...> wrote:
>
> I just got a Seagate, GoFlex for Mac, 3TB to dump some overflow media onto for a while. Trying to copy media mover offline folder. Right now about 750 Gigs. But it only goes for a few minutes and then it stops giving me the "media mover can't copy, files in use" error.
>
> Not sure if this is a file size issue or drive issue. Firewire 800 connection. After that error, if I go to dump the files, I get "error -50) Have to restart to dump the files off the seagate.
>
> Drive was formatted with Mac Drive utility.
>
> thanks
> Lou
> Lou Wirth Productions
> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> www.louwirth.com
> 415-924-9411p
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment