Saturday, February 18, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Got to playing with V6 a bit...

 

I have to disagree about editware. Not talking about the Fast Track of today but the GVG version we had at the Olympics that ultimately split off to become editware and was originally ISC, was very fast. Sony 9100's had some bells and whistles but for economy of keystrokes and PEGS I could move much faster than the guys on the 9100's for cranking out sports pieces at the Olympics. And for all the touting of the great motion match capabilities on the Sony editors when I hopped on one in Nagano and tried a 100% backwards match it missed. Of course the Brits I was working with said with preread they never used motion match anyways. From Alberville to Nagano I was on venues and smoked along with the GVG editors although I know the Broadcast Centers had mostly gone to Sony's I was fortunate to be in my GVG comfort zone for all my Olympics.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "trevatpc" <trevatpc@...> wrote:
>
> Omni was a nice development (as were the Axials)
>
> Sabre was interesting but I remember being at an editors meeting at NAB where all the NY and LA editors listed the features they wanted added to Sabre... that were already in the 9100. I don't think Sabre was ever really finished.
>
> The 9100 had it all sewn up by then - especially as it tied in with the Sony switchers and audio mixers.
>
> Editware was pretty painful as I remember. Did some nice stuff recalliing clips with the MAVs though.
>
> Last linear job I did... about 4 weeks ago ;-)
>
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > I never got to play with an OMNI. I seem to remember ABC net promo got one after I had left. How was it? It must have been reasonably stable at the time for ABC to put one in Net Promo online. At first I was thinking about Sabre Edit from the GVG camp but the best thing about that was the jackets they made for NAB demo guys etc... Just when it was about to be usable they pulled the plug IIRC. Anybody ever get to Sabre Edit? I'll bet there's a lot of it in the Editware FastTrack editor but I've never flown one just seen demos at NAB.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "trevatpc" <trevatpc@> wrote:
> > >
> > > ...then finally bowed out with 'Omni' ;-)
> > >
> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We didn't have those problems with CMX as the versions jumped by the thousands 340 to 3400 to 3600 and 6000.
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment