Saturday, January 14, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Today's 60th Anniversary now OT

 


On Jan 14, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Tony Breuer wrote:

> Actually I was sitting in the Peanut Gallery watching Buffalo Bob
Smith. My father was in the band. he was a staff musician at NBC
(among others) and went onto the Jack Paar show and the tonight show
when it was in NY.

I bow to you:

Now, THAT is really cool. Very cool, Tony.

Tony said:

> I know, I just dated myself......

I say:

That's OK. You were present for some great TV history. I'm
envious. I watched Howdy Doody in Atlanta. I always wanted to be
there in the Peanut Gallery, but could not. Instead, I grew up with
Officer Don Kennedy on the Popeye Club, one of the great local kiddy
shows of the 50's and early 60's.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
NBC Today Show, New York

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment