Saturday, January 14, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] Marianna - Does a new MC v.6 license work with earlier versions of software?

 

Sorry if I was unclear. I use dongles- I can't say if it will work with software license. I would guess not, but that's a guess. 5.5 will work with a 6 dongle- though mc won't run on a symphony dongle.

Hope that will help.

GH
________________________
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
www.SecretHQ.com
DigitalServicsStation.com

On Jan 14, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Michael Brockington <brocking@sfu.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for this reply, but actually I'm wondering if newly purchased v.6
> software would run an older version (as opposed to an upgraded system
> that is already blessed for earlier versions of the software.) Any
> experience with this scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> --Michael
>
> On 12-01-14 8:18 PM, Greg Huson wrote:
> >
> > Yes- I can say first hand. I had a couple system on upgraded dongles
> > that were still on 5.5 software for a little while until I could
> > switch the OS to 10.7.
> >
> > ________________________
> > Greg Huson
> > Secret Headquarters, Inc
> > Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
> > www.SecretHQ.com
> > DigitalServicsStation.com
> >
> > On Jan 13, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Michael Brockington <brocking@sfu.ca
> > <mailto:brocking%40sfu.ca>> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Marianna:
> > >
> > > I wonder if you know the answer to this. The producer on an
> > > upcoming job may be purchasing an MC license. I'm wondering if a v.6
> > > license can be used to run 5.5? I'm reluctant to recommend v.6 for a
> > > larger job before a bugfix release or 2 comes out.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --Michael
> > >
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment