Saturday, January 14, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: MC Class 205 ish tip to keep lumanence peaks down.

 

I ended up using the luma clip in much the same manner but I'm pretty sure it was the "Lighten Mode" in paint effect that would take anything over the threshold, which I believe was controlled by amt slider and make it 100 percent. For some reason trying that the light seems to go all the way up to 255 well over 100%. Perhaps I'm misremembering but I know it was something we were using on water footage with hot specular elements and this helped clip it. Perhaps it's time to email Tamara.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Roger <rogershuff@...> wrote:
>
> Try curves in CC mode.
>
> On 14 Jan 2012, at 00:56, John Moore wrote:
>
> > It's been a while since I had the Avid 205 effects class. I was shown a way to use Paint Effect to make Lumanince peaks legal. by setting the Amt control using a full frame Lighten effect you could dial it so the peaks over 100% would only be 100%. I'm trying but not getting the results I want. I think in class we did it to a still or footage of a waterfall where the spectaculars were over 100% and the effect made the highlights all 100%. Perhaps I'm misremembering the effect but I'm pretty sure it was a mode in Paint effect. I'm trying to knock down a bright window in the background of an interview to avoid having to roto a darken paint effect. Does anyone remember that tip/trick or have another suggestion to knock down the luma on the bright areas of the screen. TIA
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@...
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
> With best wishes,
> Roger Shufflebottom
> rogershuff@...
> +44 7973 543 660
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment