Saturday, January 28, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: FR - Color correction

 

Same functionality as Tape based color correction is now. Not something I have used but certainly a reasonable request. Since the functionality of master clip based color correction has been broken since I believe version 4 I can only rely on src clip name which really clamps my color correction workflow because now every time I have to break the relational color correction link for a particular shot I have to rename that shot or resort to Src clip which negates merging any color correction for that shot later. I've recently been informed that the break in master clip based color correction is a result of adding the ability to keyframe color correction. As yet I have never used keyframes in color correction as it's much faster for me to do an add edit and use a dissolve like I always have. Until there are things like keyframable masking which might make them useful to me it is a case of a useless feature breaking what was a powerful feature for some of us. ;-(

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@...> wrote:
>
> Interesting idea. I see where you're going with this. Good idea
>
> I think it would be relatively rare to see every file-based shot on a card need the same correction, but it's certainly possible depending on the project and the workflow. Of course, in an instance like a single long shot that takes up the entire card, you'd just do it based on the name and Avid can already do that. So the only time this feature request would really be needed is if someone shot a lot of different shots on the same card and screwed them all up in the same way. Otherwise, for one or two or even a half dozen shots, you might as well use clip names and saved color corrections that you can just drag and drop.
>
> That said, I'm with you that it's a good request.
>
> Steve Hullfish
> contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
>
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Dom Q. Silverio wrote:
>
> > A feature that allows to color correct an entire file base "card" -
> > analogous "tape" in the 1990s.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment