Saturday, January 28, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: 50mbps MPEG into a PDW-F70?

 

Tim wrote:

<I've got a line on a PDW-F70 deck for a very good price.

<This older XDCAM HD deck is limited to 35mbps recording through
<the HDSDI. But it would seem to me that if I export to device
<from the Avid via the deck's FAM/iLink -- sending the deck a data
<stream -- it ought to record the Avid's 50mbps output.

<Is my thinking right? Has anyone else exported 50mbps data to a
<35mbps XDCAM device?

<Google has /not/ been my friend on this one :-/

I had a PDW-F70, and when I inquired w/ a Sony rep a couple of years ago as
to the feasibility/reasoning of exactly your query, was told no, as it would
still require significant HW mod to do so.

Keith Rollinson

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment