Saturday, January 7, 2012

[Avid-L2] Monitor Mounts Vs. Monitor weight?

 

In trying to save some desk space on my home edit setup I got a new 23 inch lcd monitor and an articulated monitor desk mount from SIIG at Fry's.  I set it all up and it seemed to work fine until I found the monitor didn't support audio so I'll be swapping it with something else.  In the meantime I've got another older ViewSonic Monitor that had the necessary Vesa mounting holes.  I put it on the SIIG unit and the weight was too much and caused the mount witch would tilt back and for with the first monitor was now tilting the screen facing down due to the weiight of this particular monitor as soon as I let go of the monitor.  The ViewSonic is probably 6 ish years old but shouldn't an $89.00 mount kit handle the weight?  Curious what others have found with mounting kits.  I can see how the older monitor which has the power supply built in unlike the wall wart on the new monitor has a different weight distribution but I'd think anything with a Vesa
mount should work given it's in the size range of the SIIG mounting kit.  Am I being unrealistic at this price range?

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment