Saturday, December 17, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Deauthorizing? NOW FEATURE REQUEST

 

SS and PF are option which have there own serial #'s so if you wish to move to another computer then yes you would need to deactivate then activate them as well. With MC 6 there is a new unified licensing so if you have SS or PF on 5.5 don't deactivate - launch MC 6 and the Avid license control will port your activations over.
Dongle - I hear you. But since licensing is the future... it most likely wont happen.
Marianna

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Breuer" <tonybreuer@...> wrote:
>
> You have to de-authorize PhraseFind. I'm not sure about ScriptSync but I would assume that you do have to de-authorize that as well.
>
> I recently had to install a new hard drive on my Mac Pro and didn't de-authorize the apps on the old drive figuring that because my license was tied to my dongle I could just reinstall the software. The installer wouldn't let me because it said I only had a license for one seat. So I had to call Avid Tech Support and have them de-authorize the now defunct version on the original system drive. Not a big deal, but it took a while to figure out what had happened.
>
> I now have a new system drive with all the apps which I cloned using Super Duper and all the software runs fine, including PhraseFind.
>
> However, what if I want to run MC on a different computer (laptop) by swaping the dongle, will PhraseFind install properly or do I have to de-authorize and re-authorize every time I do that?
>
> Avid can you please link PhraseFind to the dongle?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tony Breuer
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment