Saturday, December 17, 2011

[Avid-L2] Artist Color on a ethernet switch for MBP?

 

Just starting to explore the best way to hook up the artist color panel to a MBP.  I read about selecting 1 of the 2 ethernet ports on a Mac Pro but on the MBP there is only one port.  Is it okay to plug the artist color into an ethernet switch and hook the MBP to the switch and also hook the switch to a network connection for internet and other access?  I'm not concerned with an Isis environment for now.  I think that's how it works.  At the Avid event in Hollywood there was an MBP with the panel straight into the MBP ethernet but it wasn't working at the time I was there.  I've read that the panel is usually run in DCHP and not a fixed address.  Will the EuCon software automatically seek out the devices on a given network and display them.  That's what I'm reading but I don't have the hardware setup yet.  I have to wait for Santa Avid to come before I can start plugging things in to test.

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment