Saturday, November 12, 2011

RE: [Avid-L2] Re: Kona LHe - NG

 

Not LHi, or LH/e Plus - I tested an old LH/e

When did you buy that card? I've had a few- and I've never paid more
than a grand... pretty sure. And, like I said, it still works great
with final cut pro. So... you just can't use it with Media Composer.

gh

-------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Chief
Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
www.SecretHQ.com
DigitalServiceStation.com



-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Kona LHe - NG
From: John Kilgour <john@digitalcut.com>
Date: Sat, November 12, 2011 6:32 pm
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com

Great! Thanks AJA for EOLing my $1500 card

On Nov 12, 2011, at 8:25 PM, <Greg@SecretHQ.com> wrote:

> I was in the middle of installing an LH/e to test - there is a new
> driver 9.1, which is the driver that's working with IO Express and Kona
> 3 - so I assumed it should work.
>
> Meanwhile, I was having an email exchange with Jon Thorn from AJA about
> a separate issue - and happened to mentioned I was installing the LH/e
> to test. Jon says it's EOL and not supported for MC 6.
>
> Since I was close, I finished the install, and tested, and could not get
> it to work- even though it works perfectly with FCP on the same system.
> Needless to say, I put back the IO Express, which works great with both.
>
>
> So, my test would indicate that it doesn't work - and Jon's remark is
> even more to the point - LH/e not supported for MC6.
>
> Great way to waste a Saturday... Anyone want to buy my spare LH/e?
> Pretty sure it doesn't work with MC6.
>
> GH
> -------------------------------------
> Greg Huson
> Chief
> Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
> www.SecretHQ.com
> DigitalServiceStation.com
>
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Kona LHe
> From: Andy Liebman <andyliebman@editshare.com>
> Date: Sat, November 12, 2011 4:19 pm
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>
> Wow, I was just doing laps in the pool and I started thinking to
> myself,
> "Did I just make a post on the AvidL that referred to the "Kona LHe"
> card AND "Blackmagic" in the same breath? I really apologize if I led
> anybody astray here.
>
> Yesterday we installed a Kona LHe card in a Mac Pro and a Decklink
> Extreme PCIe card in the Z800. These are both very old cards, of
> course. In fact, you have to look for "legacy" products on the
> Blackmagic web site to find the Extreme PCIe. So far, we have only
> tested the Decklink card so, that's the one that we can say is working
> like a charm. We'll report back on our experience with the Kona card on
>
> Monday.
>
> Andy
> > MC 6 works fine with the Kona LHe. We are running this combination
> > right now on a Z800. We have been capturing and doing Digital Cuts
> > with uncompressed HD 1080i/59.94 10-bit without issue (to/from
> > EditShare storage, of course). VERY interesting to see "Blackmagic"
> > listed as the device in the Capture Tool. We have also tested
> > software encoding of various DNxHD flavors plus XDCAM-HD 50 and all
> is
> > good.
> >
> > Andy Liebman
> > Founder and CEO, EditShare
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment