Saturday, November 5, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Now: MC to Symphony upgrade now Dual Boot Adobe Activation?

 

That's great so by cloning, Adobe among other apps don't look at any unique aspect, whatever that would be, of the boot drive and it only takes one activation. That's a great bit of knowledge, thanks for sharing. That's too simple for me to think of. ;-) So if I had a fully functional avid boot drive with software activation for the Avid and everything is working fine with all my apps if I clone that drive if I had a drive melt down then I could put in the cloned boot drive and Avid would still work, right? This would prevent the catch 22 of a drive melt down with software activation. I know I'm stating the obvious here but I'm trying to understand if any unique aspect of a drive itself is involved with software licensing. Moving that drive to another computer wouldn't work because the mac address and other things about the computer itself would not match properly. Does this all seem correct or am I missing something that could bite me in the arse?

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
>
> I install and activate everything. Then I clone that drive for both FCP and Avid. This way I actually have everything I need on both drives, but I can do updates to the FCP drive for example without fear of screwing up my Avid drive.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > As much as I believe in the safety of dual boot how do you handle Adobe's activation and others. Does it require activating on both startup drives separately? I'd hate to have to burn up two activations on the same computer. Hope I'm wrong about this.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Living dangerously here: Media Composer 5.5, FCP 7, FCP x and Premiere Pro CS5 on the same drive. I switch happily (well, sometimes more happily than other times) between them.
> > >
> > > On 5 Nov 2011, at 05:18, Greg Huson wrote:
> > >
> > > > Screw Terry and his secure dual-booting. Live life on the edge! Wanna spend the weekend in a panic like me? Put it all on the same drive! What are you going to do when it all goes up in flames? Call Terry! That's what I do. Hmm. I wonder why he never calls me back anymore.
> > > > .
> > > >
> > >
> > > With best wishes,
> > > Roger Shufflebottom
> > > rogershuff@
> > > +44 7973 543 660
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment