Saturday, September 24, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Shared projects become local - ISIS 5000 & MC552 mac

 

Still really struggling on this one. Please help ...

Lots more details ans pix are available at

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/100575.aspx

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Lowden" <christopher@...> wrote:
>
>
> Many thanks for the reply. This is a really strange problem. I cannot replicate the issue at desktop level. The lck files seem to have the right authorisations but I have had similar problems with authorisations being unstable on Mac in the past. I will investigate further.
> I don't seem to having any takers on this issue, even from avid which I find strange. It is a dull and rather unfocused issue but a very irritating one.
> Thanks again
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Lowden" <christopher@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Lowden" <christopher@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > For the last 6 months I have been suffering with a strange and very
> > arbortary problem. I have numerous shared projects that for some reason
> > will, during an edit session, become local. I realise this because when
> > I do a save or clsoe a bin, the lock bin icon disappears as do the bold
> > bin graphics. The avid attic starts to record local but not the project
> > itself of the media, they stay on ther server. A restart of the machine
> > and all is back to normal. The real problem is that once the bug starts,
> > all the machines sharing the project start recording one over the other,
> > like in FCP, which is catastrophic.
> > >
> > > The strangest thing is that I have this problem since about april. At
> > the time I had a unity 5 and MC v5 running on macs over fibre. This
> > summer I swapped the unity for an isis 5000 with new macs and a new
> > MC5.5.2 but the problem continues.
> > >
> > > Even stranger thing is that I have another installation is another
> > building that is nearly identical and they don't have the problem. The
> > difference is that the issis that works is purely ethernet and the one
> > that is difficult has ethernet to fibre conversion.
> > >
> > > I notice that I am not alone on this so I was wondering if anyone else
> > has this issue?
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> >
> >
> > Click here to see a screenshot
> > <http://82.230.62.41:7777/screenshot1.jpg> of the problem
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment