Saturday, September 24, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Convert Flash to .mov?

 

I'm on OS 10.6.6. When I try streamclip it says I need perian to open the flash. The total media converter I mentioned seemed to do the job without perian so I'm good for now. VLC would play the flash but the export options didn't seem to offer a .mov. I'll be the first to admit I'm not much of a file conversion expert so I may be missing something in these apps. The total media converter seemed to have an extensive list of mobile device choices, dvd ntsc/pal/secam and all kinds of mpegs 1,4 and many more including iPod, iPhone play station etc.... I just did the simply .flv to .mov and it worked. The software was about $40.00 don't know how that would compare with perian. I'm leary of perian because of the potential for level differences with avid's ama vs import issues I've heard about.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "paul.hartel" <phartel@...> wrote:
>
> streamclip should do it. It should also be able to rip your dvd - even just a part of it, if it isn't encrypted. do you have quicktime pro? installed, available? If you're doing it on a system with FCP installed, the full QT options should be available - even from within streamclip; it is on my systems. I can convert to .mov with all sorts of options.
>
> what OS are you running? When I upgraded to 10.6 i had to go through
> the noise of downloading perian and installing it before i could open
> flash files - and that was something i didn't have to do on 5.8.
> and the install wasn't a smooth one, but eventually it worked.
>
> i've got streamclip on this little laptop, running 4.1, and it opens dvds and flash without issue.
>
> paul
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Moore <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > Why does converting .flv to .mov seem to be convoluted?  I googled and saw perian for mpegsteamclip and I can play the .flv in VLC but my export options don't seem to include .mov.  I finally found Aiseesoft Total Media converter for Mac and that worked very easily.  Is there a part of the Adobe Production Bundle that would convert .flv to .mov?  I also thought I could open dvds in premiere pro in the past, is that no longer the case?  I was trying to open a dvd disk  (.cdr) image from my desktop with premiere pro but it  would not show up in the list even though the disk image icon appeared on the desktop after clicking on the .cdr file.  Am I missing something obvious?
> >
> > John Moore
> >
> > Barking Trout Productions
> >
> > Studio City, CA
> >
> > bigfish@
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment