Saturday, August 27, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Corrupt Media -- What's Up Avid?

 

I had a piece of media once that took my whole sequence offline over time. I remember the system got funky and funkier then poof. I was new to avid so you can imagine my tush puckering really hard. Funny thing was it was one .omf file that had been created hours before the poof. I stored it somewhere for a rainy day when someone really pissed me off and I'd add it to their avid media file folder. Now I can't remember where I put it and even better no one has ticked me off that bad that I felt the need to use it. Well there was this one producer...... ah never mind. ;-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Tim Selander <selander@...> wrote:
>
> Only some. Other corrupt files pass the database rebuild with no
> problems. We seem to get corrupted render files most often, and
> every so often have to do the "Flinstone Sort" of moving media
> files out of their folders, then putting half back in. If the
> sequence plays, move half the remaining in, etc., etc., until we
> get down to the one or two offending bits. It /would/ be nice if
> there were software to turn loose on the media folders that would
> find all problems.
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan
>
> On 8/28/11 6:10 AM, jeffsengpiehl wrote:
> > You can do this as well, trash your media databases- the rebuild should flag corrupt media
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment