Saturday, July 30, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: MC v5.5.2 MAC Production Suite: Is "Avid DVD" Windows-Only?

 

Yes, John.

The DVI signal for the third monitor comes from the primary video
display card, an nVidia GeForce GT-120 (OEM version). There are two
such cards installed, each with DVI Out. I suppose I could run a fourth
monitor if I really wanted or needed one.

The only HD project I've created on this system thus far is a 720p/59.94
project. When in this project, the MOJO's output "goes green" (full
static green screen) as soon as any video is accessed for playback.
Audio still passes through normally. The Video Output Tab does NOT
allow me to switch the output (downconvert) from the project's native
settings. I assumed this is due to hardware/firmware limitations of the
MOJO, and decided full-screen playback on monitor three would
circumvent the issue (hence the face-palm moment).

Happily, the full-screen playback option offers a better viewing
experience than down-converted SD though the MOJO. However, if you can
offer any insight into the Video Tab situation I'd appreciate it. I
likely missed something simple.

Legacy SD projects work fine with the MOJO. If/when switching to one I
can always plug the MOJO back in for firewire I/O when necessary. I
still own my Sony DSR-20 and Canon XL-1. I'm "old-school," baby!

Jess

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> Does the 3rd DVI come from a second video card? That's how we do it
at one place I work. What is the problem with the format tab being
locked in 720P? Doesn't the mojo still output SD in that setup.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Jesstator" jesstator@ wrote:
> >
> > That's great to hear, Greg! Thanks for letting me know.
> >
> > There's such a flurry of activity lately. It's hard to keep up with
it
> > all. It's a very fluid and exciting time, and I'm happy to be along
for
> > the ride with everyone. Your patience and feedback are very much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > When trying to convert MOJO for SD downconvert I had a face-palm
moment:
> > In my 720p/59.94 project the output settings in the Format tab are
> > locked . . . but there's no need for the old MOJO when editing HD.
Why
> > not quit MC, pull the power to MOJO, switch the client monitor to a
> > third display via DVI, relaunch and use CMD+SHIFT+F for full-screen
> > playback. Audio is automatically remapped through the workstation
> > (line-out) to the mixer. It works like a charm!
> >
> > And yes, I installed Avid DVD on my Windows 7 partition. All is
well.
> > Even my "send to" (Sorensen) scripts have appeared in 5.5.2.
> >
> > Life is good!
> >
> >
> > Jesse
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Greg Huson <Greg@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ahh. Yes, we have two like that. They work great. Must of
missed
> > original post.
> > >
> > > Greg (at) secrethq.com
> > > Greg Huson
> > > Secret Headquarters, Inc
> > > www.DigitalServiceStation.com
> > > www.SecretHQ.com
> > > iPhone
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On Jul 27, 2011, at 11:47 PM, "Jesstator" jesstator@ wrote:
> > >
> > > > Thanks for the confirmation on "Avid DVD," guys.
> > > >
> > > > Greg, referring to myself as a "Guinea Pig" was a reference to
my
> > > > testing MC v5.5.2 on a (not-officially supported) MacPro
"Nehalem"
> > > > ([Avid-L2] Digest Number 7378 - Post 6). This system's
processors
> > run
> > > > at 2.26 GHz, and the minimum system requirement for v5.5.2 is
2.66
> > GHz.
> > > > I asked in my July 8th post if anyone here was running MC v5.5.2
on
> > a
> > > > "Nehalem." No one affirmed running this specific combo with or
> > without
> > > > Avid (or third-party) hardware.
> > > >
> > > > Are you or is anyone else running a "Nehalem" configuration?
> > > >
> > > > Jesse
> > > >
> > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Greg Huson Greg@ wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Avid DVD is windows only -
> > > > >
> > > > > How are you the guinea pig? This software has been in release
for
> > > > months, And beta for months before that.
> > > > >
> > > > > The original mojo is SD only - but will output downconverted
> > picture
> > > > if you set the format tab correctly.
> > > > >
> > > > > Greg (at) secrethq.com
> > > > > Greg Huson
> > > > > Secret Headquarters, Inc
> > > > > www.DigitalServiceStation.com
> > > > > www.SecretHQ.com
> > > > > iPhone
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On Jul 27, 2011, at 9:34 PM, "Jesstator" jesstator@ wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Hi, folks.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I'm the guinea-pig subject reporting on MC v5.5.2 on the
> > "Nehalem"
> > > > class
> > > > > > MacPro.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > So far everything's running well. SD output is great and
working
> > on
> > > > my
> > > > > > 1st-generation MOJO. 720/5994 HD output is a bit sluggish,
yet
> > quite
> > > > > > acceptable. I haven't tried 1080 rater sizes yet, and assume
> > this
> > > > hit
> > > > > > will be a bit more intense when I do. In addition to native
> > > > processor
> > > > > > speed, my local storage is SATA, and my video cards are OEM
> > nVidia
> > > > > > GT-120s, so the performance lag is understandable.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > However, the "Avid DVD by Sonic" application remains
> > uninstalled, as
> > > > the
> > > > > > corresponding install media comes up with Windows-only .exe
> > install
> > > > > > files. Before I contact Avid (I've already pinged Marianna
> > privately
> > > > > > and await a response), does anyone here know whether this is
the
> > way
> > > > of
> > > > > > things or whether i was shipped incorrect and/or faulty
install
> > > > media
> > > > > > for this application?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As a side note, are users required to set-up the "send-To"
> > scripts
> > > > for
> > > > > > "Avid DVD," "Squeeze," etc (or is there a KB article)? I've
> > noticed
> > > > in
> > > > > > previous installs that these commands were available from
the
> > get
> > > > go.
> > > > > > This is not the case, at least with the copy of "Squeeze"
> > included
> > > > with
> > > > > > my Production Suite.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanking all in advance,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Jesse Ettinger
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment