Saturday, July 9, 2011

[Avid-L2] Canon 5D Re-linking Problem

 

I believe I've read something about this before -- but when dealing with Canon DSLR 5D files -- are there known problems that prevent relinking media to Master Clips?

I created a project a while back where I AMA-ed a bunch of files, transcoded all of them to DNxHD and set the job aside.

Months later, and for reasons which are too complicated to describe, I Imported (not AMA-ed) those same exact same 5D files to DNxHD in a newly-created project.

Now, when I try to relink the Master Clips in the first project -- to the media created in the second project (using the exact same 5D QuickTime files -- I am unsuccessful. And I believe I have tried every variation of setting that would allow this to happen.

Is this expected behavior? Are there "Project" or missing "Tape Name" issues that are causing this problem? Or are the two methods of ingest (AMA to DNxHD -- vs -- Import to DNxHD) the problem?

Thanks in advance.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment