Friday, May 27, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Editor Interview

 

Good stuff.

I was lucky when I started out (as a recording engineer a lifetime or two
ago) to work for a small recording studio that catered to ad agencies and
multi-media production. The owner was a competent, veteran recording
engineer but there were plenty of other good engineers. However, he had
absolutely outstanding client skills. He had his agency clients convinced
that they could not get their sound work done by anyone else - they knew
that whatever happened, he would take care of them.

That's when I learned that it was about more than gear and craft. And in
my years in the business, I have only come across a handful of people who
were true masters of the client relationship. I have tried to learn from
them when I have been lucky enough to find them, and I am still learning.

Thanks for sharing this.

- Rich

Rich Ford
Film & Television Editor
Hot Sprocket Films
San Diego

At 09:39 PM 5/25/2011 +0000, you wrote:
>
>Hey team,
>I just wanted to share an interview I did recently with creative editor
>Agustin Rexach. It has almost no technical discussion so sorry if that's
>what you're into. On the other hand, it is filled to the brim with his
>great insights on client relations and the personal side of the editorial
>process, which is why I just had to link to it here. Hope you enjoy it.
>
><http://bit.ly/ieEnJ0>http://bit.ly/ieEnJ0

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment