Saturday, May 14, 2011

[Avid-L2] OT:Re: Editing on your feet>> is great!

 

Yeah but Moe didn't have a wacom pen in his hand at the same time. Nuck, Nuck, Nuck.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Rich Ford <rrfavid@...> wrote:
>
>
> >Over the years I have perfected what I call the "Flutter Slap" when
> >dealing with multiple producers. Kinda like dragging a ruler across a
> >picket fence but my technique is developed from a seated position
>
> As much as I respect your development of this technique, I believe this was
> actually popularized in the '30s by one Moe Howard...and he managed use
> this technique whilst standing up.
>
> - Rich :-)
>
> At 11:19 PM 5/13/2011 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >
> >Mark you made me think about how I like to relate to certain clients in
> >the bay. I must admit I'd be worried that when I turned around to slap the
> >producer after a less the eloquent suggestion, heck this is an editor's
> >list so lets just say "stupid comment", I might throw out my back if I'm
> >in a standing position. Over the years I have perfected what I call the
> >"Flutter Slap" when dealing with multiple producers. Kinda like dragging a
> >ruler across a picket fence but my technique is developed from a seated
> >position. I fear it would not be as effective from a standing position and
> >I might have to use additional force from a foreign object like a bat or
> >even a folding metal chair like the use in the WWE. The danger is those
> >leave traceable marks and that could lead to all sorts of trouble down the
> >line. But on second thought the ability to hit a button and jump on the
> >console to be elevated to a towering position for a flying body slam into
> >producer's row could have some advantages. More will be revealed. ;-)
> >
> >--- In <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
> ><markraudonis@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Try one of these:
> > >
> > >
> > <http://www.anthro.com/computer-furniture.aspx?desk=elevate-adjusta>http://www.anthro.com/computer-furniture.aspx?desk=elevate-adjusta
> > >
> > > The point is, it's adjustable with the touch of a button. Too tired to
> > stand... zoom it down. Need to stand up... zoom it up.
> > >
> > > We don't have "clients" in the room, so I'm not the best person to ask
> > about that. However, in my opinion, if the client is comfortable, has a
> > good view of the monitors, why should they care if you stand or sit?
> > >
> > > Mark
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment