Saturday, March 12, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] New laptop

 

I love my new 17" MBP -
even with a hard drive, not an SSD, it boots up in about 30 seconds -
a huge improvement over my older 15" MBP.

MC 5.5 runs 1:1 footage beautifully with an internal, build to order 7200 rpm drive.

rob

On Mar 12, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Dylan Reeve wrote:

> I've been thinking about a new laptop as well. My totally unqualified Compaq
> laptop does actually run 5.0 pretty well (not tried 5.5 on it yet) but it's
> getting a bit sluggish anyway.
>
> A Macbook Pro seems like a sensible idea generally, as it would also allow
> me to use FCP ideally. Although I am not a fan of OS X at all.
>
> Anyone tried running Media Composer on Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro? Just
> curious.
>
>
> Dylan Reeve
> http://dylanreeve.com/
>
>
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Job ter Burg (L2B) <Job_L2@terburg.com>wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Love the MBP. Did not compare to other brands though. My laptops are Macs,
>> my workstations are HP's. I'm platform agnostic, and like both.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>
> If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment