Saturday, March 12, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: V5.5 And Existing ScriptSync Licence

 

Well, as awesome as Phrase find is. It is useless in a finishing room. So no, I won't be adding it to my Symphonies.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Pitbladdo <avid@...> wrote:
>
> I've been thinking for a while now, about how I can get PhraseFind
> functionality on my Symphony without spending a fortune. The conclusion
> I've come to is that I'm going to do keep my existing Symphony 5.0
> running with its ScriptSync license , which I couldn't really live
> without now.
>
> Rather than upgrade that for $995, which will essentially do nothing new
> except allow me to use PhraseFind, I'm going to update my laptop, which
> sits next to me, to MC 5.5 with PhraseFind (they're all hooked up to the
> same storage).
>
> It cost me £395 to buy PhraserFind, with a free upgrade to MC5.5, and I
> can't think of a better way to get the functionality without a LOT more
> expense.
>
> Terry, Job, what're you guys doing?
>
> On 09/03/2011 15:28, Christopher Pitbladdo wrote:
> >
> > All the more reason to stick with 5.0 Terry.
> >
> > *Christopher Pitbladdo
> > Creative Director
> >
> > DB Creative*
> > 496 Ferry Road
> > Edinburgh
> > EH5 2DL
> >
> > Tel: 0131 552 5530
> > Mob: 07590 570 683
> > Email: christopher@... <mailto:christopher%40dbcreative.tv>
> > <mailto:christopher@... <mailto:christopher%40dbcreative.tv>>
> > Web: www.dbcreative.tv <http://www.dbcreative.tv>
> >
> > Award-Winning Avid SD/HD Symphony Editing in Edinburgh
> >
> > On 09/03/2011 15:14, Terence Curren wrote:
> > >
> > > The Symphony upgrade is 995 and has become a sore point for many
> > > Symphony owners as we feel there are no new features for us so we
> > > should pay the same upgrade price as MC users.
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment