Sunday, February 27, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Symphony demo in Manhattan?

 

I am sure there are a few that Terry can come up with.

But if I am investing in finishing and with an Avid product, no way in hell am I spending premium money on a Symphony. As stated on another thread on this list, there is just not enough difference between MC and Symphony to justify the premiums paid by Symph owners. And unless Avid has something up its sleeve to give Symph some unique features, thats not gonna change. With DS|Soft you could build a pretty powerful finishing room, albeit PC. There is a learning curve, but, contrary to popular belief, its not that bad and conforms are pretty damn complete.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Ham <scottham.list@...> wrote:

> It's a good point, though. I started looking at the DS but I fear
> introducing a PC based Avid to our Mac based shop. I assume we would only
> run into the occasional font issue. Our network is Xserve based but we could
> make that work.
>
>
> Are there any other gotchas I might not be thinking of? Besides the price
> difference?
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment