Saturday, February 5, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: MC 5 Stabilize bad behavior

 

The shot is a pull out so I was able to stabilize the hitch in the zoom but it is still a pull out. This is using region stabilize with both progressive and auto zoom checked. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious but I wouldn't expect a zoom out to become a locked shot with no zoom at all using the avid stabilize effects. You would need a stabilizer with multiple points to lock down to keep the framing static. Perhaps someone with more compositing experience can suggest such an effect. Also I was just on my laptop so I didn't critically analyze the results for the usual stabilize effect jitters I often see when the land of offline figures it's easier to throw on a stabilize effect instead of finding a steady shot. And they wonder why when it goes through me the effect is removed. ;-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "GWBradley" <gary.bradley@...> wrote:
>
> After 10 years of watching Avid turn daydreamy camera shots into lock-offs,
> and now 8 months of struggle with Version 5, I ask-- What happened to this software?
> I don't care about the cute trick of invoking the effect when it's dropped on the time-line;
> or all the new buttons... I've tried them all, I think.
> At the end of the day, the shot that should be rock-solid is wavering unpredictably.
>
> Here are links for a bin with a 2-second sequence and the media.
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2464129/Stabilize%20test.avb
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2464129/DC23MV01.C97380F9_44D4E16C9.mxf
>
> The result I'm looking for here-- what I used to achieve easily-- is a shot that doesn't budge.
> Can this still be done?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment